Thursday, February 10, 2011

First week at the MTC

 
Hey Family,

Thank you so much for all your emails, letters, and packages. Wow, my first week here at the MTC has been quite an experience. In all honesty I have learned more about myself and the Gospel than I thought I would have in 3 weeks, and it has only been one week. The hardest part so far has been the long hours in the classroom, but it has also been the most beneficial. I have come to realize that these next 2 years have nothing to do with me, but everything is about the investigators we teach. As missionaries we are not just to sit down and teach but rather get to know your investigators and teach according to their own specific needs and that comes by devoting our personal study and companionship to studying the doctrine that we are to teach them.


Missionary work is nothing without diligence. Diligent service is meaningful and done only with the best of intentions. The harder your work the less time you have to stray away. I found that if I take time to pray with all my heart on my own and with my companion than thoughts of worry, sadness, and stress will surely leave. Honestly I have not thought much about you guys not because I have cold heart but because I am so busy and I KNOW that the Lord will bless you and I have no doubt of that.  And I promise that if you take time to recognize your blessings and take time to devote to God, no matter how long or short time it will be, He will bless you and provide in times of sorrow and in time of need.  I don't want to bore you anymore but remember, " Every member, a missionary."  Take time during the day as well as at night to pray for missionary opportunities, but don't just pray, ACT.

I love you all so much and I am praying daily for your individual success, happiness and safety. Take your thoughts and worries to the Lord and he will answer your prayers. Oh, and since I am so dumb I forgot to bring my camera here to the computer so I will not be able to share any pictures but I PROMISE next time I will. I love you, I love you and oh, I love you. Have a great week.

PS. Tell Michael D, Aaron Call, and Kay, that will be sending them hand written letters today!

Elder Wawro