Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Mis·sion·ar·y week

Dear Family,

It's wonderful hearing from you guys, I always look forward to your emails and letters.
This week was pretty cool. Last Monday on P-Day I got to go to a golf course and play golf for the very first time in my life. I sucked at it but still it was legit. Today we actually are going to go to the driving range so I will be able to practice my swing. The members here spoil us, lol. The P-Day ended at 6:00 p.m. and that same night we went to members’ home for a very nice dinner.  Bonus: I was asked to give the blessing that evening – my very first Priesthood blessing. KOOL:)

We did not get any new investigators, which sucks! I love meeting new people, and talking to them comes much easier with every passing day and every new experience.  I am still not talkative in the sense that I let people who like to talk a lot do the talking.

Jonathon, the gentleman who was close to baptism, is finished with the lessons as of Friday. We have finished Lesson 4 about the commandments. He says he still wants to get baptized but wants to wait a while. So we'll continue working with him, meet with him regularly and help him understand the importance of making and keeping covenants and how we receive blessing by exercising our faith.

We also met twice last week with children of Sister from our Ward who are preparing to be baptized. It is really awesome when we have an opportunity to teach them because they LOVE to learn. Roy talks about how he wants to be a missionary when he will grow up, and his sister Marie, is just so smart. They love God so much, now all we can do is pray and hope their father allows them to be baptized and to use their agency.

Thank you for your letters and your love, I appreciate it dearly. Dad, that story that you just sent me in your last email was awesome and it was just what I needed as we work with a less active member and his non-member wife. He has trouble understanding and retaining information so I will use this story and some scriptures to illustrate in a simple way the importance of learning line upon line and precept upon precept. WOW that’s so amazing thank you so much for that story. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Mom, please don’t worry I will remember to take with me all my belongings during transfers (promise:).  As for my needs, I don’t need anything at this time, I'm healthy and having a blast …ok, you can send little something for Easter.
Make sure to tell Taylor Marriott waaaasssssss uuuuppppp!!!!! from me. I'm glad to hear he is doing well. Tell him that I'm proud of him, that he is a great kid and a good example to me and to keep up the good work.

Have a great week and say Hi to everyone for me.

Love ya'll,
Elder Wawro