Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bouncing off the walls:)

Dear Family,

This week was pure awesomeness! My new companion is great. His name is Elder Gerber, yeah, like the baby food brand, but he prefers to associate his last name with the knives (tool) brand. He is from Las Vegas, so no Utah companions yet. He has been out for just over 6 months so he is no longer a greeny (a young and inexperienced missionary) …as for me I still have a little under 4 months of ‘greenness’. Elder Gerber is obedient to the missionary rules and likes to work hard so we are getting along great. The work is going to be moving along great this next transfer and we hope to get a few baptisms together.

We have a baptismal date set with Dorothy Jackson. The baptismal date is set for May 6th (few weeks away), so we hope she will continue to progress steadily.

The teaching pool has tremendously increased since me and Elder Gerber embarked to be companions. We have a lot of new investigators, many of them ‘quality’ investigators.  We’ve just started teaching Domonique (bible order referral) who is looking for a new church. She told us that she thinks that a church should make you become more Christ like …and we wholeheartedly say ‘Amen’ to that. There are couple other investigators who we could have baptismal dates for shortly, so I am bouncing off the walls excited about these next few weeks.

Tracting in the poorer areas of town is awesome! People always listen to our message and although many don’t progress much (yet) it’s so much fun. They love their Savior, have humble hearts and they don’t put worldly possessions before God.

So I’m expecting Kayla to beast during the scripture bowl and do better than my second place last year. Make your brother proud Sis:).  Mom, about the ties, we don’t have many restrictions that I know of but I don’t want to wear any crazy or bright ties would detract from my calling as missionary  …so please send nice ones.  Thank you!!

I am glad to hear that Sister Peterson, Beth and her sisters are receiving great support:). I wish Michael's Grandma all the best and miraculous recovery! It’s wonderful to know that we have the Priesthood and are allowed to administer to the sick and if it be the will of our Father in Heaven they can be healed.

Please tell Michael and Josch that I said Hi and that I wish them the best in their next semester in college (BYU-I rocks).  Hope they will have lots of fun and study hard. Tell them to take time each day and study the scriptures and ‘Preach My Gospel’ because it will help them so much on their missions. I love them like brothers.

Well I am happy that time is flying by for you guys because it surely feels the same for me …can you believe it?, it’s already mid of April.  Dad, I'm so glad to hear that you and Kayla did another Relay for Life this year. It seemed like you guys had a blast like in past years:)

Remember to invite the missionaries over for dinner often, feed them well, your best dinner should be made for the missionaries and always include dessert haha   ...and don’t forget the referrals!:). Until you are a missionary you do not realize the importance of member referrals, they are crucial to the work. And don’t be shy to share the gospel with non members, it’s our duty to share it, and it would be selfish of us to hide from others something that makes us so happy.  
Have a great week!
 
Love ya'll
Elder Wawro


'Moi' with Elder Andersen


Sweet ride