Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It is just awesome to be a Missionary!!!!!!

Dear Family,

I am so sorry for the loss of Brother Peterson. Please send my best wishes to the Peterson family. We must all be thankful for the blessings of the Temple where we can be sealed as eternal families.

So, did I or did I not get transferred?   ….that is the question!    Well  ….I didn't:)  I will be staying in Jackson, Tennessee for another six weeks. On the other hand, my companion Elder Andersen is getting transferred. So on Wednesday I will find out who my new companion will be. I have learned a lot and have enjoyed these last six weeks serving with Elder Andersen.  He has taught me well and it was true blessing and real pleasure to serve with him. I am very glad that I am able to stay here in Jackson. It is a wonderful city filled with many wonderful people.

These last two months have gone by speedily. I have learned much and I am grateful for the challenges I have been given because they were for my benefit and helped me to grow. I have recently been reading in ‘Jesus the Christ’ by James E. Talmage. It is a wonderful book and it explains doctrines, principles and Christ ministry in such a simple way making it easy to understand. Reading the book and my studies from it has allowed me to grow in deeper understanding, appreciation and love for Christ. I also have come to understand more of the Atonement. Only a perfect being could take upon himself the sins of the world and there was a time when Jesus Christ was on the cross and the presence of the Father left him. I never understood this part and why it was significant, but from my studies I have realized that it was necessary because Jesus to accomplish the Atonement had to do it on his own. I have deeply come to appreciate my Savior and his love for me.

Two Sundays ago during the third hour of services in Jackson Ward, President and Sister Drewes gave a great presentation about Mormon.org. Afterwards we visited a part member family (husband was a non-member). We had visited them first time two Sundays ago, and last week we set a semi baptismal date with him. It was pretty awesome to have President and Sister Drewes with us and we hope for some big changes of heart for him as result of this visit. We are still working with Jonathon who had really enjoyed Sunday morning session of the General Conference. We hope to meet with him sometime this week and set a baptismal date:)  (yeah!)

No new progressing investigators yet, but they will come and when they do we will be ready to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ.

As for me not sending any pictures last week ….I guess I am just technologically challenged and found a way to delete all my pictures off my camera and then later on in the week I found out that the camera's LCD screen had a crack in it from the inside.  Don’t know what is wrong with it.  Hope that the warranty covers it?

Thanks for the pictures you have sent me.  It’s amazing how fast the missionary chart is filling up. I am grateful for all your support and prayers.  As of right know I have everything I need, don’t worry about me I am being taken care of.

I would like to bare my testimony that I know that Jesus is the Christ. I do not have a perfect knowledge nor will I ever attain perfect knowledge in this life but I love of my Savior, who's work I am doing. I love my Father in Heaven, the father of my spirit, who gave me the opportunity to obtain a mortal body. I have a testimony of families, that they are ordained of God and that they are meant to be eternal. I love the Temple and I love you guys (my eternal family:) lots.

Love ya'll,
Elder Wawro

PS: During conference this weekend I had this wonderful feeling of peace and happiness, it is just awesome to be a Missionary!!!!


My study desk

Elder Andersen - Jackson Ward parking lot

With Elder Andersen at the driving range