Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In Little Rock:)

Hey Family,

All is well.  I am serving in......... Little Rock, so mom you did not guessed right:(  My mission area covers almost the whole city of Little Rock.  The transfer from Jackson went well and it looks like I did not forget anything in my last apartment.

Little Rock is definitely different then I thought it would be. The work here will be hard. We have no area book and my companion who has been serving for almost 15 months has only been here in this area for 5 weeks. So we don’t really know the members and we do not have a record of past investigators and potential investigators. This will be hard but I love a challenge and I KNOW we will have success in this area, which we have had a little this past week. I am excited to serve in Little Rock and I will certainly enjoy my time here!

Last Thursday we went to visit a bible referral.  We were expecting to meet an adult who had requested the Bible but when we got there we met an awesome 13 year old boy who had requested it  …and let me tell you, he is a stud. We have taught him the Restoration and he has already come to Church and enjoyed it a lot. The Young Men in the Ward fellowshipped so very well that it made his experience wonderful! I am very excited because I think he will be baptized down the road but we want to make sure that he will have a good support system in his home. He is a great kid, with a great love for the Lord and I am excited to continue to teach him.

Oh, and great news!! I called yesterday Elders in Jackson, Tennessee and they told me that Joshua finally got confirmed a member of the Church and that his mom Charity was baptized as well. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is so awesome. It made me so happy! Now they will be able to support each other and become a strong active family!  I have a feeling that Joshua will go on a mission:)

My new companion is Elder Crotts. He was born and raised in California but he now lives in Spanish Fork, Utah. He is a very smart missionary, who knows his stuff and I’m excited to work with him.  
Just to let you know, this transfer will shorter by a week and will only last 5 not 6 weeks because of the change of Mission Presidents (this is President and Sister Drewes last transfer) and then the following transfer will be one week longer and will last 7 weeks.
 Our apartment is a lot smaller than the one in Jackson, but it is comfortable and well kept up. I like it.
 
I love you guys all so much and you all have a great week!!!!!!! Be Happy!

Here is quote from President Ezra Taft Benson which rings true "We must share the Gospel with others. That is our responsibility-every member a missionary. That is the call of prophets of God.... "... Member-missionary work is one of the greatest keys to the individual growth of our members. It is my conviction that member-missionary work will raise the spirituality in any ward where applied."
Be of help to the missionaries and help the Natomas 2nd Ward to be a spiritually uplifting Ward.

Once again I love you all!!!!!
Love,
Elder Wawro