Thursday, June 9, 2011

'Dotty' chart ....C to the A to the L

Dear Family,

This week has certainly been challenging! At times it felt as though I was useless. When you have set appointments that fall through almost every day and all you can do is contact you feel like something isn’t working. The only referrals we receive are from other missionaries and most of them we will never even get to see because they never answer their phones and they are never home. We scramble around town just to find one person to teach. It can be frustrating.

It is at these times that I feel I need to be more spiritual and more willing to endure with diligence. And how do I do it?  I will not stop working hard, each minute is the Lords and my intentions are to use them wisely. I know what I can do, which I have not been doing at all times  ….praying with all my might. This is something that I will work on really hard!

There are many good people here but so many limits the power and influence of God to the Bible. It feels as though they worship the bible more than they do our Savior, Jesus Christ. As it says in the Bible and Book of Mormon there are many false prophets who deceive these people and it all starts with the great deceiver, Satan. He is working hard every day and there is not one second where he tries not to stir people to confusion. That is why missionaries have to be bold, to clear up confusion.

I love it here and I am so grateful to have this opportunity to grow, but I can only grow if I allow myself too, so I hope I am not too stubborn or prideful because those things will hinder my progression. I would not want to serve my mission anywhere else than the South, it’s awesome:)

I loved Kayla's letter and her pictures were awesome. I really enjoyed it all. She’s the best!

Sorry to here that you guys are having rainy weather. We have the opposite. It is BLAZING heat, once you leave the apartment for a few minutes you are drenched. When you tract and bike you are just swimming in sweat. By the end of the night we are so sticky and wet, but all you can do is to enjoy it ,haha!!!

I am learning a lot from my companion Elder Crotts, he definitely knows his stuff and knows his scriptures.  He has a scripture for any concern or misunderstanding. So I am working to be very familiar with all my scriptures.

That ‘dotty’ mission progress chart is filling up quickly  …it is crazy to think that I have been out for 4 months, and to see that both Paane and James are back home from their missions. I thought this was the part of your mission that is supposed to be slow, but this is going by so fast and being a ‘greeny’ is awesome. I just do not want know how fast my last year as a missionary will be, its literally going to fly by. It’s kind of scary to think.

Thank you for your gift to Joshua, it will be much appreciated. and for the package you have sent me (I told you not too:-).

I love you all so much, you guys are the best! I hope you all enjoy this following week and be safe. Also say hi to everyone back home for me.
Here are some pictures you have been waiting for.

Love,
Elder Wawro


With Joshua


With Joshua and Charity


Visit with Staphanie


Thumbs Up for Thelma

At the Guymons


Hanging out with Yarbroughs 


P-DAy in the 'Caddy''


With Elder Gerber

High waters in Mississippi - Memphis