Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moments that make up for all the hard days

Dear Family,

This week has certainly been uplifting, more than any other week this transfer and I really appreciate the advice (dad) that you gave me from D&C. And this week I have just been pondering how legit my family is.  You guys are both converts yet so strong in the gospel and have never gone astray. I am so, so proud of you all. You guy are awesome!!!!!

I want to share with you one really special experience with one of our investigators. My companion and I meet her while tracting few weeks ago.  She invited us in and we were able to teach her the first half of the first lesson. The lesson went well but it had to be cut short because she was busy. Until this last Saturday we had not been able to sit down with her. So when we actually got an appointment with her we were so excited. The only time she was available was at 8:0 a.m.  so we took it and were right on time.  I said the opening prayer and we went right into the lesson. The lesson began really well and we started to ask her question to see how much she remembered from last time and asked her questions about the Restoration pamphlet that we left with her. Everything went so well.  The following is what makes it special to me.   Elder Sprague and I did not even thought about setting a baptismal date with her, nor have we planned to set one. But as the lesson was winding down, I got a prompting from the Spirit to ask her to be baptized. I hesitated for a little while waiting for the right opportunity. Then I just told her straight up that that even though we had not talked much about baptism with her I was prompted to ask her ‘will you be baptized?’  Well …and she said yes!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a date with her for the 20th of August. She told us that the after that first morning visit and lesson with her she just felt good for the rest of the day and she then realize why. She also said that she felt like crying when we gave her the Book of Mormon. It was by far the best and most spiritual lesson on my mission.

It is moments like this that make up for all those other hard days:)

I love you guys and I will be sending letters and pictures for Kayla's birthday.
Have a great week and enjoy the last couple of weeks with K.

Love,
Elder Wawro