Saturday, September 24, 2011

Going to be a "father"

Dear Family,

Well I guess I have some exciting news but also news that makes me a little nervous.  I will be training a brand new Elder coming from the MTC  …so I am going to be a "father".  It’s going to be hard work and I will have to work harder and better than I ever had to help him and myself realize our full potential as servants of the Lord.  So I am staying in Frayser this transfer and also for sure the next transfer as well since trainers typically stay with their new companions for 12 weeks (that makes two transfers).

Still no baptisms this week  …but we have seven people we have a baptismal dates for so there should be some in the near future.
I have been blessed lately with some cool spiritual experiences. Here is one. Yesterday we were visiting people to allow my current companion Elder Streeter to say goodbyes because he is going home tomorrow. While visiting with one of our long time investigators I felt an impression to ask her if she wanted a Priesthood blessing but I have chosen to ignore it and not act upon it at first.  As the visit progressed she talked to us about many trials she was facing and then the impression came again, this time much stronger and I had the confidence to act upon it ….and so I asked.  Her reply was very surpising to me as she said, ‘I actually have been wanting one of you to lay your hands on my head and say a prayer for me." WWWWHAAAAAAAATTT!?   So we gave her a blessing. It was such a neat experience.
I know that the Lord will bless me with more experiences like this as I listen to and act upon the promptings of the spirit.

I’m grateful for all the blessing and challenges of my last transfer. It was definitely something that I needed to experience and grow to be a better missionary.

I love you guys so much ….have a great and safe week. I am also proud of my lil sis.
Love,
Elder Wawro


Decisions ...decisions

My friend Comodo  ...Memphis ZOO

Kung-Fu Panda  ...at lunch - Memphis ZOO


At the Northwest Passage - Memphis ZOO


Memphis Tennessee Temple   ...take one

 

Memphis Tennessee Temple   ...take two

Memphis Tennessee Temple   ...take three (witth Elder Streeter)