Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hooray for the Spirit

Dear Family,

With a smile on my face I can say that this has been a lot better week! We had some success setting baptismal dates and hopefully we have one on the 10th of September. The Lord definitely blessed us this past week.

But before I say anything else let me say that new stake Missionary plaque is awesome. Brother Deal never ceases to amaze. I love it and I love the fact that our stake has 40 men and women who are currently on their missions or have their call   ….almost as many Missionaries as at a 'Utah' Stake. Maybe? haha but that is awesome to hear and especially that there will be a few more here in the coming months.

We had our first Zone Conference with President Petersen this last Thursday and it was so amazing. It was spiritual and insightful and there was just so much to learn. This Mission is lucky to have such a faithful Mission President who would do anything for us. We are focusing on getting better in the Mission and President Petersen expects a lot from us, and he is making sure that we all fulfill the potential that we have. Also, he had stressed that we always have to remember who we represent, wherever we are (while proselyting, at lunch, in the car etc.) as representatives of the Lord, Jesus Christ and I know I have not always lived up to that.  I know that the things President Petersen taught will help me to be obedient with exactness and to always live closely to the Savior.

Last week we had a lesson with one of our investigators and left her the Book of Mormon reading assignment to continue in 1Nephi chapter 15 and 16.  She was committed to read the Book of Mormon and we challenged her to pray to find out for herself that it is the word of God.  She would tell us that reading it made her feel really good, but she didn't know if it was the Holy Ghost and she didn’t want to get it confused with her emotions.  When we came back on Saturday for the follow up visit she told us that she had read the entire book of 1 Nephi. We talked about her experience and she describes that she couldn’t stop reading because it just made her feel so good.  And then out of nowhere she says "I believe the Book of Mormon is the word of God". She kept on talking, my companion doesn't fully realize it and I am like ‘oh my goodness’ did she just say what I heard she said?  So I politely interrupted her saying “do you know what you just said?” and she replied “what?”. I repeated her own words “I believe the Book of Mormon is the word of God” and said, “looks like you got your answer”. She replied “yes I do believe that,  YYESSSSS!”  We even set a baptismal date with her, finally.
The work of the Lord is so real and the Spirit is awesome and without it, Missionaries would fail. Hooray for the Spirit, I love it.
 I have been so blessed and I don't even know why, but every day I am thankful for the love my Father in Heaven has for me and his children.

Kayla good luck with all the packing and getting ready for college …do not get too stressed about it:).  I know you will enjoy it so much. 
Wow, next email you will get from me I will be 7 months out, crazy!

Oh, I almost forgot, I got the package last Monday right after we got home from emailing and playing b-ball.  Thanks again for that awesome package. The pens workout great and the food got me through the bike week  …phenomenal.
Well have a great week, may it be filled with lots of good memories and lots of fun. And say hi to everyone for me.

Love,
Elder Wawro