Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chistmas pictures with Elvis

Dear Family,

Well to my surprise..... I am NOT getting transferred. I will spend at least one more transfer in Frayser, which makes me happy because we have three great people scheduled to be baptized on the 21st of December.

Our awesome couple that we teach is still doing good. He has recently stopped smoking and hasn't touched one in a little over 3 days. He’s the man. That makes us really happy because he is being made strong through the help of the Lord.

One of the new investigators scheduled to be baptized will soon be getting married to a recent convert. So I wish to one day see these two awesome couples be sealed in the Temple.

We have had an awesome week, full of miracles and it was just the perfect way to end my 7th transfer. Elder Flores and I will be sticking together for another one. We had a cool experience on Tuesday.  I was driving the car to an appointment and I had this impression not to drive all the way to the house where we headed. The Church was near but not close enough, so I found a perfect place to park.  At this point I still don’t understand why I am doing this but I’m just listening to that impression. We exit the car and as we start walking we come across an awesome young man. He was unpacking stuff from a car.  I know that if we came few minutes before or after we would have never met him. So we talked to him and shared a Gospel message. We have only seen him twice but I’m so glad we had a chance to meet him and share a message that can change his life.  I still don’t know what exactly the Lord wanted to teach me but I sure am glad I listened.

Thanks for the two packages, I got both of them and I am so excited to start opening them one day at a time starting Wednesday.  Just so that you will know we are permitted to make the Christmas calls home from our cell phones.

I wish you all great week.  I will be sending Christmas cards to everyone soon and I hope to be able to include a special Christmas picture.   We have a very cool Brother in the Ward.  He is an entertainer and he and his band sing Elvis’ songs.  He also looks like Elvis. So today on P-day we will be taking pictures in Christmas hats with him dressed in his Elvis jumpsuit. Lookout because it’s going to be so cool.

Love,
Elder Wawro