Thursday, January 12, 2012

Early transfer to Little Rock ....with a surprise

Dear Family,

I guess you have not gotten the letter yet that I sent you but what it says and what I am going to say came to me as a HUGE surprise. This past Thursday I have received an early transfer (three weeks before regular transfers) and was called to serve as a Zone Leader in Little Rock. CRAZY I definitely was not expecting that. That transfer happened only between me and one missionary. So I came back to Little Rock (MAPLE STREET area), same city as 8 months ago but a little different area.  My Mission President gave me lots of good council and ensured me that who the Lord calls He qualifies. So I am excited to be a Zone Leader, ready to be taught by others and become a far better Missionary then what I am now.  My new companion is Elder Graham who has been out for 18 months. He is really cool. Convert to the church and baptized around 3 years ago. He is originally from Jamaica but for the past nine years lived in Baltimore. I will learn a lot from him that’s for sure.

You are probably just as shocked now as I was. HAHA PRAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!

I really like this area and I know that when I will serve my hardest I will love it just as much as Frayser.  Not sure how long we’ll stay in our current house because we live in a rough area and it’s an old house.  I will keep you up dated on that, so it might be better to send my B-day package to the office.

It’s crazy that Brandon Treadway is living with a recently returned Missionary form the Arkansas Little Rock Mission. You are going to have to find out for me his name.

That little miracle on Christmas was just about us working hard that night without much success, so we started to walk home after a long day and man pulled up in his car on the street and asked us who we were etc.  We started talking and we eventually saw him the following week and had a good lesson.  We found later that he was going to be moving away for college (bummer).... but we made arrangements for the Missionaries in his college city to visit him.

Thanks for your prayers and loving emails!!!  I wish you all a wonderful week full of many blessings. And still good news, the wonderful lady named Georgia whose baptismal date was for the 21st of January will be baptized instead on the 15th. So that means I will be missing her baptism but that’s ok.  I’m so happy for her. She is so awesome, it’s crazy how prepared for the gospel she was.

Have a great week and tell everyone I love them.

Love,
Elder Wawro