Thursday, January 26, 2012

No longer in my teens

Dear Family,

Thanks for all of your love!

I guess I am now 20, no longer in my teens, which means it’s all downhill from here.... just kidding. It was one year ago that I celebrated my 19th birthday with you all. Time just never stops.

Yea I don’t think I'll ever get grandma package because postal service man brought it to my old address in Frayser (Memphis) and asked my old companion if he was Matt Wawro (signature required), he replied ‘No’, so the postman just walked away. So I really don’t know what’s going to happen to it.   I also haven't got your package yet, I will pick it up on Wednesday at the Mission office.  For the time being, we are staying in the in the same house so my Little Rock address will remain the same.

As expected, Elder Graham and I will be staying together for at least this next transfer.

Last week started off well.  The Zone Conference went well and I really enjoyed doing training. I like the preparation process beforehand, just being able to witness the spirit at work helping you to organize all your thoughts and ideas and do the will of the Father …it’s awesome.  Thanks for your prayers.  The rest of last week though was a struggle for me, but the we were blessed to have had a baptism of Hakeem this past Saturday. He is the son of a recent convert in the ward. He is a really cool young man and hopefully one day he can serve a mission.

Although we had a baptism the work is hard because there isn't much going on in this area.   It’s hard for me because every area that I go into usually doesn't have much going on. So I guess I just need to work harder …which I certainly will.

Thanks for the pictures you guys have sent me   …they were really nice and you guys are just silly for making a cake and singing ‘Happy Birthday’ when I wasn't there ....HAHA you guys are so funny.

GOOD JOB on the missionary work, keep it up and never be afraid to share the Gospel with anyone. I wish the best to you all with that missionary opportunity.

Dad, my companion and I had a meeting with the Stake and Mission President and we brought up the idea of having the Saints Unified Voices and Sister Gladys Knight come to Little Rock.   Elder Graham before his mission while living in Baltimore had SUV and Sister Knight perform in his Stake. Having them come to this area would be the GREATEST thing ever. That would open up a lot of doors for the Missionary work.  Thanks for the info!

Have a great week. I love you guys!!

Love,
Elder Wawro