Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hard Work ....all day

Dear Family,

Conway, Arkansas is a city of about 52,000 people.  There are eight Missionaries here, one set of Spanish, one set of Sisters, and two sets of English speaking Elders.  Funny enough this area was highly desirable to serve in the beginning of my Mission, but I never thought I would be lucky enough to serve here - and here I am eating my own words 17 months later.  

I am very excited to be here especially because there lots of work ahead of us here to bring this area in numbers of baptisms to what it used to be - last baptism was about 7 months ago.  I will do all that I can to make things better.   Luckily, if I were to give an accounting after leaving all my areas I have left them all better then I found them  ….so there is hope.   I am also excited because I have a great companion to serve with. His name is Elder Smith and he is from Centerville, Utah.   He has been out for 8 months, and has been in Conway for two transfers and now working with me on his third.  The members here are great and there is so much potential here, so we are going to work hard, increase our faith and receive the blessings (Baptism:)  After all that is what we have been sent out to do.    Elder Anderson has stayed in North Little Rock and is now serving with Elder Graham whom I served with back in January and February and part of March.

A member of the Ward here in Conway, Brother McFadden, served his mission is Sacramento, California.   He served in the old Arcade ward which I think now is the Natomas 1st Ward.  He remembers eating at the Tonga Family's home.

I do not have much else to report on because this past week here has been rather slow so next will have more spiritual things included.

Have a great week. Have fun and thanks for your love and support!!!  
Send my love to the McCombs’ family.  

Love,
Elder Wawro



Elder Andersen and Elder Wawro at Charles' and Alberta's baptism



Charles and Alberta in their baptismal whites   ...they look so ready:)



Downtown Little Rock - view from North Little Rock


Little Rock State Capitol - view from North Little Rock