Sunday, July 1, 2012

Heavenly Father blessed us with a great week

Dear Family,

Well I feel really bad right now because after seeing that Elder Treadway wrote me and y'all, I realized that I am the worst letter writer in the world. It looks like I have couple families to write to.
Thanks for the pictures - it was good to see Elder Treadway having success out in the field.


Well, this past week was certainly better than last week and a lot more successful.  I love seeing lots of member missionary work happening.  We have a family in the ward, The Reynold's, they invited their neighbors to dinner and a lesson last Wednesday.  It worked out really well and we are now teaching them …what a great people. We taught them twice last week and they came to church yesterday and were fellowshipped so well, I was in awe, never seen better fellowshipping my entire mission. We are hoping for them to be baptized before the end of this transfer.  The wife even recognized the spirit during Sacrament Meeting while (Senior Couple) Elder and Sister Kenworthy sang.  She told me right before Sunday School that she felt goose bumps while the Kenworthys sang and I asked what the goose bumps was. She then answered and realized it was the Holy Ghost. And after she realized it was the Holy Ghost it became a spiritual experience for her.   Heavenly Father blessed us with a great week here.

Also last night in my last Ward there was a Devotional directed towards non-members in the Community, to teach them that we are Christians and that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.  This idea and the need started from a recent incident in Little Rock when a Christian School did not accept an application for an LDS student to attend that school because they were "Mormons" not Christians. The Devotional was powerful and helpful and it was great being able to be there and feel the Spirit of Christ present there.

Kayla, keep pressing forward and don't give up and just enjoy and have a smile on your face. Spiritually minded is life Eternal:). I am very proud of you.

Love Y’ALL and have a great fun week.

Love,
Elder Wawro