Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Keys to following promptings

Dear Family,

So this last week here in Conway has been our best so far this transfer.  Transfer is next week not this week as you thought, but because last week I have had interviews with my Mission President I can give you the transfer scoop one week early.  I will be staying here in Conway and I will be training next transfer a brand new Missionary.   I am super excited because out of all the Missionary leadership, training is my favorite.

So now you don't have to wonder anymore, I will be here for another 12 weeks.

Just yesterday we had Stake Conference here in the North Little Rock Stake.  Elder Giddens from the Second Quorum of the Seventy came and spoke and it was really good.  Sadly enough we did not get any investigators there. But last week was an improvement and we are going to do everything in our power to get our investigators to Church this week.   One of our investigators who previously took the Missionary discussions while leaving in Michigan is making a good progress.  We took him on a Church tour this past week to make him more comfortable visiting again on Sunday.  He met our Bishop who did a great job fellowshipping him and answering questions - that was really  nice.  
Also President Petersen had asked me to go to a training conducted by Elder Bluth, Area Seventy down in Hot Springs for the Ward Council Outreach.   As Elder Bluth taught us there was something that stuck out to me and I know it is something that every one can apply in their lives.
It’s the 4 keys to following Promptings:
1) Consistently pray for promptings. The more we obey them the more we receive.
2) Don't get discouraged when you a follow a prompting and it does not work out the way you wanted it to and don't question whether it was prompting or not.
3) Share your promptings with your companion (for non-missionaries an example would be spouse)
4) Never be embarrassed by your promptings and never discourage/make fun of other's promptings.

I hope Elder Treadway doesn't think I am ignoring him, because two or three P-Days ago I sent him a letter in reply to one he sent me. So hopefully he gets it or maybe he has just recently gotten it.

A member here in Conway owns a Chiropractic and Wellness Center and I went there and got my left thumb fixed, the one that I hurt while playing football at BYU-I.   So that was sweet.   I really appreciate the pictures y'all have sent me and I will try to send some pictures to you next week.  

Thanks again for everything!!! Have a great week!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Wawro