Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What more could you ask for?

Dear Family,

I don't know if I can express in words the gratitude I feel for the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us this last week and how much at times I am undeserving, yet with love He showers blessings upon us.

Where to start?... Our awesome couple investigators I’ve mentioned previously both came to Church yesterday for the second time and loved it.  Both are still scheduled to be baptized this Saturday (9-29-2012).    Elder Ackerman gets to experience his first baptisms!   …we are really excited.

But our joy doesn't just stop with them. Late Friday afternoon we were blessed with a miracle.  We had a dinner appointment set for 5pm, and the previous night in our planning session we decided that we would do some sort of finding for about an hour leading up to dinner.   We parked in a neighborhood near our dinner appointment and decided we would contact instead of knocking doors because tracting is less effective unless inspired to do so.   So we walked for about 20-30 minutes and get to talk to only one person because there was no one outside.  As time was winding down, we came to a small T intersection, and then the decision was ours, which way do we go?  Well as I thought and looked it seemed to me in a way I never experienced before that the left side seemed to be brighter …like it would glow and I knew that’s the way we needed to go.  So as we turned left and walked passing one of the first houses I felt impression that we should knock   ….so I followed the prompting and knocked on the door.    The door answered young man, he let us in and we talked briefly and set a comeback appointment for next day.   We came back Saturday and had a great lesson and then yesterday (Sunday) he came to Church and tonight he will be eating dinner with us at a Member’s home.    I know that Heavenly Father has prepared him to accept the Gospel at this time.  I can see him being baptized in the month of October and we should be setting a baptismal date with him this week.   I am so grateful to be serving a Mission. I am grateful that Heavenly Father loves me and that because of the sacrifice of my Elder brother, Jesus Christ I can be forgiven and find happiness in my life.

THERE IS NOT ANYTHING BETTER THEN THE LORD'S WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

Keep these wonderful individuals in your prayers and I greatly appreciate your love and support. I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Remember it is not only full time Missionaries that can have these experiences, YOU CAN TO!

Recently, Elder Ackerman and I got fed deer enchiladas at the dinner appointment …. and a Brother in the Ward said he found a place where they sell raccoon and the next time we get fed by them we are getting raccoon. I am excited, what more could you ask for?

Love,
Elder Wawro